Assistant, Medical II - SCS
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Under the general supervision and within the regulatory scope of
practice, assist in the provision of direct patient care by
performing routine patient care procedures, technical and clerical
supportive services in the clinic setting. - The M.A. may
administer intramuscular, subcutaneous or intra-dermal injections
and may perform skin tests, administer oral medication,
venipunctures and skin punctures for blood specimens. -
- Performs and documents preliminary nursing assessment on each
patient to be seen in department, including, but no limited to,
Vital Signs: Temperature, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Weight, Height,
- Accurately and quickly assists and/or carries out medical
providers' orders by performing requested tasks.
- Accurately and per policy, documents pertinent patient
information, procedures performed, medications and injection
administered, patient responses, and reports findings to the
medical provider; does not make independent medical or healthcare
- Able to assist all providers including specialty
- Correctly performs and documents accurate preliminary data
collection on each patient to be seen.
- Assists in duties such as restocking rooms/shelves/trays,
checking supplies, and ensuring that all areas, exam rooms are
clean and orderly.
- Is a patient advocate ensuring that patient concerns are
resolved or addressed expeditiously and to the patient's
- Assists with ensuring adequate inventory of necessary supplies
and ensuring maintenance of all logs, i.e.,
- Is fully knowledgeable of all back office procedures, services
provided, and is a resource to new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform routine clerical functions including but not limited
to: schedule routine/follow up appointments, chart management,
take/make and route phone calls timely and efficiently, conduct
failed/broken appointment follow up and referrals.
- Applies knowledge of Medical Assistant skills and exercises
judgment in giving patient care as evidenced by: awareness of
patient needs, following policies and procedures, able to apply
knowledge to new situations and adapt to change, reassures patient,
demonstrates personal interest in psycho-social needs, respects
religious and individual differences.
- Medical Assistant diploma required. High School graduate or
- A minimum of one year experience required; two years preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese depending on
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
Keywords: AltaMed, Lynwood , Assistant, Medical II - SCS, Other , Lynwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!