Activities Assistant (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Company: California PostAcute Care
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If
youre looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the
opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and
Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonuses are
available for Full Time direct care staff (bonuses only apply for
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary
function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health
and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed
care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute
phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who
require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an
inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients
reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our
vast network, while remaining committed to the professional
development of our staff, the functional improvement of our
patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our
What Were Looking For:
An Activities Assistant to work
alongside our Activities Director in successfully carrying out
day-to-day resident centered activities and programs to brighten
their day and enjoy their life to the fullest. This is a direct
hire: Full Time position with various shifts available to fit your
schedule. If you have a passion for healthcare and are looking to
grow and be part of a caring team, this is the right opportunity
What Youll Do:
- Provide companionship to residents and conduct the scheduled
program of activities such as bowling, trivia, gardening and other
similar fun activities.
- Encourage involvement to ensure residents are participating and
engaged in activities.
- Practice compassion and understanding that residents are
valuable individuals who are going through a difficult time, often
struggling with memory or cognitive ability loss.
- Assist in providing enjoyable and nutritional snacks during the
- Performs other duties as assigned by Activities
- Schedule: AM, PM shifts/rotations available
What Youll Bring:
- 1 year of previous experience as Activities Assistant, or
similar role. An equivalent combination of training and
experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and
abilities may be considered in place of previous job
- First Aid Certification required.
- Compassion for the elderly and commitment to hospitality and
- Positive and nurturing personality, a true want to help and
care for those in need.
- Team oriented and collaborative spirit.
- Experience in long-term, skilled nursing care a plus, but not
California PostAcute Care is an equal
opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability,
history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair
Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited
agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: California PostAcute Care, Lynwood , Activities Assistant (Benefits + Growth Opportunities), Other , Lynwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!