Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
5763- Radiology Technician - Lynwood, CA - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare team is currently looking for a Radiology
Technician to work for our contracted facility in Lynwood.
- Radiology technicians produce x-ray images by performing x-ray
procedures using radiology equipment and processing film. Radiology
technicians primarily work in state, local, and private hospitals,
laboratories, and physician's offices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Core Values and Customer Service:
- Embraces the value of Service, Excellence, Knowledge, Stability
- Demonstrates competence in selecting exposure factors,
positioning and consistently produces radiologic images of
- Works cooperatively with all members of the department to
resolve problems expediently.
- Displays flexibility, team spirit, compassion, respect,
politeness and accountability when dealing with customers.
- Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity for patient's rights
in all interfaces with patients.
Adheres to Policies and Procedures:
- Demonstrates competence in the ALARA safety principle at all
- Complies with organization-wide and department specific
policies and procedures, including working of policies, reference
to policies as needed.
- Complies with patient care requirements of all regulatory
agencies including working knowledge of policies, reference to and
compliance to policies.
- Actively creates an environment of safe delivery of patient
care and functions with a constant awareness of safety issues.
Immediately corrects and reports any unsafe conditions
- Practices aseptic technique, isolation and infection control
- Knowledge of Radiation Safety, Material Safety Data Sheet and
Fire/Safety policies and
- procedures. Able to identify where information manuals are
- Uses 2 patient identifiers prior to beginning an exam.
- All matters are handled in a confidential manner per HIPAA
policies and California Law
Areas of Emphasis:
- Administers oral contrast as needed per exam.
- Instructs and prepares patients for radiographic/fluoroscopic
examinations and assists Radiologist during procedures.
- Demonstrates competence and proficiency in operation if all
x-ray equipment, CR and DR systems.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to manager or lead.
- Completes all assigned procedures in a timely manner and uses
time between procedures
- to department advantage-assisting others, clerical duties,
stocking, transporting, etc.
- Employee understands his/her role on maintaining medication
security to authorized personnel only.
- Demonstrates competency in providing health care services in
own job category to all age groups.
- Demonstrates competency in interpersonal relationships to all
- Demonstrates competency in the use of Hospital Information
System (HIS), Radiology
- Information System (RIS) and PACS.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities
(BPI projects, task forces,
- etc.) when warranted.
- Demonstrate confidentiality using own password and all patient
- Answers telephone inquiries of a technical nature from
physicians or hospital personnel in other areas of the hospital
while maintaining good phone etiquette.
- Keeps work area stocked with office and medical supplies
efficiently and reorder through appropriate personnel when
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed
although not directly assigned.
- Previous experience in Bone Density Exams-Preferred
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Lynwood , Radiology Technician, Healthcare , Lynwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!