Pract, Neonatal Resp Care 12HR PD Union - SFMC Respiratory
Company: St. Francis Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2022
The RCPIII- Neonatal Respiratory Care Practitioner performs acute
clinical care to the neonate / newborn including a variety of
technical procedures that require independent judgment, common
sense and initiative to apply prescribed procedures, treatments and
testing to the newborn and pediatric patient in a safe and
professional manner. The Neonatal RCP assumes responsibility for
delivering all respiratory care in the Perinatal area (NICU,
Nursery, Labor and Delivery and ER) as required.
Education, Experience, Training
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a graduate of JRCTE approved program for Respiratory
Therapy, two year program preferred.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC or be a CRT
with a minimum of two (2) years previous NICU experience.
- May be CRT or RRT that has completed an NICU orientation at the
facility NICU under the guidance of the NICU Coordinator.
- Must be currently licensed by the State as a Respiratory Care
- Possess a Perinatal /Pediatric Specialty Certificate from NBRC
- Must have current certification in BCLS.
- Must have current certification in NRP.
- Must have PALS and ACLS certification upon hire.
- Additional credentials are preferred (CPFT, RPFT, ACCS
Experience / Knowledge
- Must have two (2) years general experience providing
respiratory care in a acute care hospital under medical
- Must have two (2) years clinical experience providing neonatal
respiratory care in an autonomous / expanded role in a level II or
level III NICU or have completed a training program at The facility
- Must be able to communicate in a knowledgeable and articulate
manner with physicians and nurses regarding patient status and
- Must be able to work with other hospital personnel in a
professional and tactful manner.
- Must be able to deal with the public (including the patient's
visitors) in a professional manner as they relate to the questions
or concerns regarding the patients condition or status of
- Must be able to professionally complete all required paperwork
(patient records, charting, policy/procedure, evaluations and
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not
discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability,
race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other
protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for
the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the
Keywords: St. Francis Medical Center, Lynwood , Pract, Neonatal Resp Care 12HR PD Union - SFMC Respiratory, Healthcare , Lynwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!