Company: Denny's Restaurant
Posted on: May 14, 2022
At Seaside Dining Group, Inc, we re looking for some great
managers who love working with people because people are what our
business is all about. The ideal candidate should be skilled at
handling interpersonal communications, managing teams, and creating
an extremely positive experience for each and every customer. We re
looking for the person who s excited to come into work each day who
s ready to tackle challenges and develop a team that s almost like
a second family.Salary range: $62,400 o $68,000What you can
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Program
- Sick Pay
- Vacation Time
- Free Meal Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Bi-Weekly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision CoveragePOSITION SUMMARY:
Restaurant managers are responsible for managing and organizing
daily restaurant operations with the goal of controlling costs and
providing a high-quality experience to customers. Areas of
operation range from personnel management to cook and waiting for
staff coordination to inventory management. Restaurant managers can
work in a variety of settings, including fast-food restaurants,
fine dining restaurants, and casual dining restaurants.KEY
- Recruits select, trains, develops, and evaluates restaurant
- Monitors staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and
talent; ensures systems for training employees on workstations are
fully implemented and adhered to by management and crew; identifies
and develops internal candidates for management and Team Leader
- Works with the restaurant management team to ensure all facets
of My Promise to You and the Service Profit Chain are executed;
creates a restaurant environment that is employee-friendly, fun,
clean, and safe; take accountability for motivating and inspiring
employees to achieve high performance; treats all employees with
respect and dignity, and regularly recognizes and rewards
- Understands and utilizes Denny's brand systems, processes, and
tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant
operational performance. Provides an exceptional experience for the
guests by ensuring proper training and holding the restaurant team
accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and
food quality in adherence with Denny's brand systems, procedures,
and food safety requirements.
- Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously
improve the guest experience; maintains visibility and interaction
with guests; responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely
and professional manner, and ensures positive resolution.
- Ensures the management team and crew understand and operate all
- Maintains Denny s brand image of restaurant cleanliness,
maintenance, and excellent service.
- Serves as a role model for excellent guest service.Sales &
- Utilizes management information tools to analyze restaurant
operational and financial performance each Period, including the
I&E, quality and service reports, health inspections, HACCP,
etc; identifies trends and implements action plans for improvement;
uses data to analyze business results and consults with regional
and CSC resources as needed.
- Focuses efforts on increasing restaurant sales and
profitability by executing the Service Profit Chain and
understanding its impact on the overall business.
- Considers the cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and
works to protect Denny s brand.
- Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant
goals.SELECTION SKILLS/QUALITIES:Fostering the Culture:
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and pride in Denny s
brand; ability to manage professionally with integrity, honesty,
and trust that promotes Denny s brand culture and values and
embraces the Service Profit Chain and My Promise To You ;
demonstrates high ethical standards; treats employees and guests
with respect; and actively listens and communicates timely,
clearly, and accurately with the management team and crew.
- Remains calm when challenged or placed under pressure; calms
others who are confronted with a difficult situation or task, and
effectively manages conflict.Training/Coaching/Development:
- Serves as a strong role model who motivates and inspires
- Effectively trains, coaches, and provides time for employees to
- Identifies employees potential and fosters development for
promotion to the next level; and demonstrates patience and
commitment toward the development of employees.
- Values effective job performance and ensures the restaurant
team receives recognition and expression of gratitude.
- Understands the importance of, and provides employees with
quality and timely performance feedback and reviews.Guest Focus:
- Is passionate about providing a high-quality guest experience
that is evident to our guests.
- Understands guests perspectives and focuses efforts on ensuring
consistent, quality service that exceeds guests expectations.
- Demonstrates guest service techniques and ability to manage in
a fast-paced environment.Food Quality/Safety:
- Demonstrates a strong awareness and concern for food quality
and safety, and restaurant cleanliness;
- Dedicated to consistently serving great food to guests and
conveys importance to the restaurant team.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize systems and perform duties
within established structure.Business Management:
- Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting
priorities, ambiguity, and change; understands the importance of
change and implements, manages, and supports change initiatives;
maintains a strong sense of urgency; and works toward achieving
- Consistently makes high-quality decisions based on experience,
policy, and procedure or knowledge of the setting; and exercises
discretion and independent judgment on important restaurant
- Attends priorities, delegates work, and systematically conducts
follow-up; demonstrates attention to detail; and is well organized
in all aspects of job performance.QUALIFICATIONS:Education Internal
Promote: High School Diploma required; working toward AA or BA/BS
degree preferred. External Recruit: AA degree acceptable; BA/BS in
Business or related field preferred.
Experience Internal Promote: Minimum of 3 years experience as an
Associate Manager and/or 3 years experience as an Assistant
Manager; must be 100% certified in all workstations. External
Recruit: Minimum of 5 years experience managing a service concept
with full P&L responsibility.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Restaurant Manager
training classes; must be ServSafe certified.
- Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in
English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and
understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division); proven analytical skills; and good
organization and planning skills.
- Is a self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers and related software
- Must possess a valid driver s license, insurance, and use a
personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other
restaurants/business locations as required.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.Physical
- Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift;
ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely
throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment
and drive a motor vehicleREASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Seaside Dining Group, Inc.. will make reasonable accommodations to
allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal
employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of
the job. This position description should be applied
Keywords: Denny's Restaurant, Lynwood , Restaurant Manager, Executive , Lynwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!